Global Education Academy is a charter public school governed by a nonprofit board of directors and overseen by the Los Angeles Unified School District. On January 12, 2016, the LAUSD board voted to approve a Board Resolution, “Keeping Parents Informed: Charter Transparency” which was passed with the support of the LA charter community. The resolution highlighted commonly requested information and data that charter public schools share with parents through their charter petitions, School Accountability Report Cards, Local Education Agency Plans, Local Control Accountability Plans, Annual Audits, and other publicly available documents.
This commonly requested information is available from Global Education Academy electronically or manually by parent request. Per board resolution, parents may request this information in English and any single primary language meeting the requirements of Sections 45400 through 45403 of the California Education Code. Please submit parent requests for translated information to the school office manager.
Global Education Academy's Charter Petition can be found at:
Safety and Facilities
- Health and safety plans and procedures Please see Charter Petition pages 125-128
- School facility assessment Please see School Accountability Report Card page 7
Curriculum and Instructional Focus
- Teacher credential status Please see School Accountability Report Card page 5
- Qualifications of employees (including school leaders); Staff (including, but not limited to teachers, administrators, clerical staff, custodial staff, aides, etc.) compensation scheme available upon request. Please see Charter Petition pages 116-124
- Governance Structure and Financial Management Please see Charter Petition pages 103-115, 136-137
- Brown Act compliancy Please see charter petition pages 110-112
- Governance structure and policies Please see Charter Petition pages 103-115
- Any material relationships among the school, its charter management organization (CMO) and any person or entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the school or its CMO; As used herein, “control” has the meaning ascribed to it in Rule 405 promulgated under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended – that is, the possession, direct or indirect, of the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of a person, whether through the ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise. – N/A
- Audited Financial Statements - Please see link bellow
- Meals offered to students can be found at http://revolutionfoods.com/ and in the monthly calendars that are sent home.
- GEA provides free meals to all students regardless of eligibility.
Student Demographic Rates
- Ethnicity Please see School Accountability Report Card page 4
- Income-eligibility for free and reduced-price meals Please see School Accountability Report Card page 4
- English Language Learner status Please see School Accountability Report Card page 4
- Special Education, by type (detailed to the extent permitted by applicable state and federal law and as available by traditional District public schools) Please see School Accountability Report Card page 4