Global Education Collaborative
4141 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles CA 90037
Phone: (323) 232-9588
Fax: (323) 232-9587
CONTACT: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Ontrece Ellerbe, Executive Director
CDC Approves Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine for Children Ages 5 to 11
LOS ANGELES (November 8, 2021)–Global Education Collaborative (GEC) issued the following statement updating the school community about student vaccination access:
With the recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s approval of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine for children ages 5 to 11, we are excited to inform our community that children within this age group now have voluntary access to the vaccine. Although the COVID-19 vaccine will not be part of GEC and its schools’ current student vaccine requirement for children ages 5 to 11, it is highly encouraged that parents take advantage of this opportunity to have their children fully vaccinated.
COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and the best way to protect our students, staff and families, and public schools. This life-saving vaccine has played a key role in ensuring students can remain on campus in the safest environment while receiving the best education possible.
Local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid pharmacies have begun offering the vaccine to children ages 5 to 11. Parents can visit the pharmacy websites to schedule an appointment or find a walk-in clinic nearest them. Parents are encouraged to reach out to their child’s pediatrician or local health provider. Appointments can also be made through California’s vaccination site at https://myturn.ca.gov.
We appreciate everyone’s commitment to maintaining the safest possible learning environment for the students and families we serve and encourage all students and families to take advantage of these vaccine clinics.
Additional Resources for Communities:
Attached below are PDFs for:
- FEE COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic [location: Bert Corona Charter School 9400 Remick Ave, Pacoima, CA 91331]
- FEE COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic by [location: Monsenor Oscar Romero Charter School 2670 W 11th St, Los Angeles, CA 90006]
- Youth Ambassador Workshop [location: virtual, QR code on flyer]
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Informational Session [location: Zoom link on flyer]
- GEC Press Release_COVID19 Update_English.pdf
- GEC Press Release_COVID19 Update_Spanish.pdf
- BCCS_Vaccination Clinic 11.12.21 (1).pdf
- MORCS_Vaccination Clinic_Flyer 11.12.21.pdf
- FINAL_Youth ambassador workshop Nov 9 flyer.pdf
- Vaccine Session-Nov Open Registration_ENGLISH Flyer.pdf
- Vaccine Session-Nov Open Registration_SPANISH Flyer.pdf